Factory turbo idi exhaust flange question?

Portuga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Newbie to this forum here!!

My name is Victor, 25, and a few months ago picked up a 94 factory turbo idi, ext cab, 4wd, all factory that needed a whole lot of love.

Now, i had to replace the valley pan over the weekend because it was rusted out, and removed the turbo in the proccess of that.

Since i have the turbo out, ill hold off on putting it on the road for a few more weeks and rebuild he turbo (there is a bit of play in the shaft), and adress the exhaust situation.

Everybody knows the ATS upgrade is very expensive, and hard to obtain, so i was thinking of piecing toghether a exhaust flange / custom downpipe for the truck.

I found these flanges, and wanted to see you gurus input on this:

This one i could use the 2.5" flange and make it mate to a 3" downpipe

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T3-T4-5BOLT-DOWNPIPE-FLANGE-2-5V-BAND-ADAPTPOR-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0ec11335QQitemZ180636160821QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Or i could spend a bit more $$ and get this one and go straight 3" from the flange.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GARRETT-Internal-wastegate-T3-5Bolt-V-BAND-Clamps-FORD-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem563ed5c5f0QQitemZ370421384688QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The only real question is, will these fit? Has any of you tried this at all??

Looking foward to your guys advice!:thumbsup:

DragRag

Reaction score
The increased down pipe usually results in having to message the fire wall just a bit. That is my experience anyway. It will result in more power though, so generally speaking imo, it is worth it.

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No those flanges will not work. Ford bolt pattern is larger.

Portuga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm, i see. ill have to take some measurements and see what i can come up with.

or if anybody has the ATS upgrade used for sale, ill gladly take it off whoevers hands!

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've been trying to figure out a way to do 3" from the turbo back without "slip fit" junk connectors. if you find anything post it up.

motoshop

Reaction score
I'm in this same boat guys. Got an exhaust leak at the v-clamp and dont really want to throw another OEM DP on it. If anyone has any "garage fabbed" 3in down pipe ideas, please let us know!

Portuga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like it might be it! i thought about something like that, but was weary of welding to cast.

How's it holding up so far?

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been over a year and it is still solid. Also its cast steel not cast iron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online