Factory Gas EFI in tank pump for lift pump?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so looking at another swap maybe if I get this donor truck.

Don't want to use a stock lift pump..just a nice electric, that being said, I was thinking of a regulated supply just prior to filter head and using the factory in tank EFI fuel pump...anyone got any thoughts on that?

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
Would that survive diesel?

and as far as nice electric fuel pumps go, what's wrong with a Facet Dura-Lift?

Or are you wanting to try something new?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope,.just thinking that the stock.gas.efi pump in the.bronco should.work ok...just curios is.all...

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
ah, well provided the diesel doesn't eat it. It should work ok, hell it might last longer than normal as diesel would lube the impeller better.

I say try it and report. =P

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One downside is when the pump dies it is a pain to replace. With a pump like a Facet mounted under the hood it can easily be replaced on the side of the road with just a couple hand tools.

tham

1994 F250 IDI Turbo
Reaction score
I am with the rest of the group...even if the factory pump would last with diesel it would be a pita to change on the side of the road.

Puller

Puller
Reaction score
You would probably have to regulate the pressure down as most EFI systems run around 40#s of fuel pressure (even these are regulated down) which is way to much for your IP.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your Bronco was like mine, you have an in-tank lift pump, and a frame mounted pump. A bypass type presure regulator would work fine if it can deal with the 50 PSI those things put out.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Mel,

speaking of bypass regulation, I've seen a lot of different models presented here.

This one by Holley seems to fit our bill perfectly : http://www.holley.com/HolleyNews/article.asp?ID=25

I'm assuming.... ready to become the 1st three letters of the latter... the return portion can be plumbed into IDI return line, say at the back by the last olive- replaced by a four way port?

Do you see a dilemma with it? Possibly too much back pressure on the factory return lines?

6.9l ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK the stock gas pump is probably a Walbro or Bosch, why not see if there is diesel walbro, Bosch pump that is the same dimensions as the gas pump? See if the GM e pump is close. Or one of the 4 cyl. E pumps out there may fit. There has to be some thing that will "bolt" to the stock housing.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your Bronco was like mine, you have an in-tank lift pump, and a frame mounted pump. A bypass type presure regulator would work fine if it can deal with the 50 PSI those things put out.

Mel, mine is just a simple in tank setup....no frame mounted pump...I'm gonna put a tester on the fuel rail...see what that pump puts out while I still have a gasser in there.

On a side note 140-150 all across for comp for my 5.8...plugs looked great just opened them up a tad....from 43-48/49 ish changed oil and now gonna set it for sale after I do a cold start video and a warm running video.

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful changing your oil and then trying to sell a motor... i yanked the 302 out of my BKO and still havent sold it nearly 3 months later. No one trusts fresh oil, its like they think my motor was trash, and i changed the oil to make it look like a good motor... And heck im only asking 200 for it, with computer and wiring... Maybe thats just the kind of cheap-o people that live in PA, keep gettin 50-75 dollar offers due to the *oil change* and possible bad motor, with running/driving/starting videos....

Never mind the fact that im religious with sea-foaming gas motors and after 3k miles my oil is only slightly shaded.

Just a word of warning, as said, clean oil = suspicious people around my neck of the woods

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be careful changing your oil and then trying to sell a motor... i yanked the 302 out of my BKO and still havent sold it nearly 3 months later. No one trusts fresh oil, its like they think my motor was trash, and i changed the oil to make it look like a good motor... And heck im only asking 200 for it, with computer and wiring... Maybe thats just the kind of cheap-o people that live in PA, keep gettin 50-75 dollar offers due to the *oil change* and possible bad motor, with running/driving/starting videos....

Never mind the fact that im religious with sea-foaming gas motors and after 3k miles my oil is only slightly shaded.

Just a word of warning, as said, clean oil = suspicious people around my neck of the woods

Lil molly slip additive makes that new oil look a tad old...just sayin is all....;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online