Factory 1983 Bronco IDI?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, never a factory diesel. The ones that have a diesel are a conversion. The only ones that are "factory" diesels, are the 4 door Bronco Centurions, but they were pickups when they left the factory......

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BS factor increases with "These are old pics", and the absence of pics under the hood. And two different prices. Those are very nice photos of an amazingly well-preserved two-tone Bronco, something you simply won't find in most parts of the country. But the ad itself smells like fish, and NOT fresh fish....

Edit - checked his "other ads", and he did the bait-and-switch pricing on a van he's "selling".

fordgirl4by4

Reaction score
Not factory made but maybe DEALERSHIP made! Here in Wa dealerships made and convert all kinds of stuff. I worked for Ford in Wa in 1994 we did some weird stuff.

NOTE: there are 20 plus Short Box crew Cab F350 4x4 within 30 miles of me!!!! Both 6 and 7 foot beds, two early 95's I helped assemble and are owned by local people since new (came complete without beds right off the delivery truck)
Wa, is home to ALOT of rare Ford vehicles, tons of Centurion, Pathfinder, Quigley, SVO, gt40 etc, and the North West edition Fords of all types.
NO vehicle inspections and very limited emissions here. Most my vehicles are Canadian.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Extremely RARE! 1 of Only 47 built in 83! 1 of 3 in WA State. 1 of 2 in WA still running!

lol what a trickster. I'd love to go look at it just to explain to him in person that that's not exactly how Bronco's work LOL

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 6.9 and 7.3 was never designed for a 1\2ton truck.it could well be a dealer mod though.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Remember everyone.. This person is "selling something". Words means nothing to those that know the truth about what was factory or after market. Anything can be done. Our idi will fit in a chevy C30 truck with some mods too just like a Cummins will fit most any idi engine bay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online