Factory 093 guys looking for Banks DP

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep thats the right one, I found the part number on a forum and called summit a while back. They are selling it cheaper than directly from banks so I ordered it for my sister in-laws truck. The lady said that she had to import it into there system and what do you know a few days later it is listed on their web site.

Oh, I forgot to mention it is 2 3/4 in. od if I recall correctly.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this replacement a difficult job? aside cramped work space it seems pretty straight forward..

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
it's a direct bolt in. it takes a bit extra pip to connect it to the rest of the exhaust. i don't know how much though since i went a different route. but as far as bolting up to the turbo it is 100% bolt on.

Danoflapper

Reaction score
That's the exact downpipe I just installed on my truck. I would not consider it a direct bolt on as the clearance between the pipe and the firewall is tight at best. In my case, they would rub and vibrate quite a bit. I took the down pipe off and sliced up the lip (with a cut off wheel) where the firewall and cab floor are spot-welded. I then got a small ball-peen in there and folded the lip over itself. Now it has plenty of clearance in all directions.

The butt-dyno noticed a little more grunt, but forget about that. It just whistles now :)

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
Just ordered one from Summit. $98.15 total. None in stock. They stated they order it from the manufacturer after you place your order. 1/31 delivery date.

rob93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine from Banks for like 105 shipped$ :rolleyes: Only a few bucks whatever. Install is easy just make sure you have another person to hold the dp in place under the truck while you bolt it on.

She finally whistles nice :) of course its dumped straight from the down pipe right now. Oh, and I guess added power is nice too

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine from summit it was around $93 delivered and it actually came in a couple of days earlier than expected. The pipe looks good but haven't had time to install it yet. I am hoping it will help the turbo spool earlier.

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
I ordered mine from summit it was around $93 delivered and it actually came in a couple of days earlier than expected. The pipe looks good but haven't had time to install it yet. I am hoping it will help the turbo spool earlier.

I live in Ohio...had to pay tax.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7