Facet gold flow vs dura lift

Simmonscoating

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has used the gold flow high performance pumps, I know they need to be mounted down on the frame close to the tank. They have the same spec as the dura lift 5 to 8. Psi but 45 gal of flow. Just curious...

You must be registered for see images attach

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those have to be mounted cap down or they will fail. Used on lots of heavy equipment. There is a screen under the cap.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I would check is two things:
1. Can the pump "flow through"? If you can blow(with your mouth) through the inlet and air comes out the outlet(with no power applied), then it will "flow through".
This means that if your pump fails, or can't supply enough volume, the IP will just pull fuel through. Not optimal, but better than having the truck just plain stop in the middle of the road.
2. Once installed, get a cheap little fuel pressure gauge. Rig it up so you can see the fuel pressure as you are driving(I just zip-tied the gauge just below the windshield wiper), and go for a test run. Make sure your E-pump can supply enough fuel under load.

If not and the pressure drops drastically at WOT, you might need to use a different E-pump, or it could be a clogged pickup or line.
Both things you really want to know if you are going to all the trouble to install an E-pump.

FWIW, I'm not particularly convinced an E-pump is needed: If you have a problem an E-pump will fix, you have a problem that still needs to be fixed(usually a leaky line or pickup).
The stock mechanical lift pump will supply a 110CC pump while staying within a 2 PSI range(4 PSI at idle to 2 at WOT). A 80-90CC stock pump should have the same or less variation -- remember that absolute PSI isn't really important; PSI differential from idle to WOT *is* important, as it will change the timing.

Simmonscoating

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, my fuel system is working perfect except the fuel pump itself it's leaking. So nows the time to do it just wanted some feed back on other pumps. I was just looking at a good frame mount pump cause I don't want anything else in the engine bay to get in my way.

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
I just put a holly red on.

Its loud

Prepair to take a diesel shower when installing it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online