F-250 no starty!!!!!!!

Camarogenius

Reaction score
So I haven't driven the F-250 in a few months. Ran fine when parked.
Put a new fuel filter on it, Cranked it over until fuel came squirting out of the schreader valve on the filter housing.
Have been cranking on it for a couple days, off and on, Gave it a couple snorts of ether.
I did see a little fuel leakage, and some bubbles around the plastic collar on the front injector on the driver's side, so I know there's fuel getting to the lines, although there may still be air in there.
Any Ideas?
My next step is to put the wife in the F-800 and chain it up to the F-250, and drag it til it starts.
The problem here is that the wife is scared to death of the F-800, air brakes, and dragging me down a dirt road.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did see a little fuel leakage, and some bubbles around the plastic collar on the front injector on the driver's side, so I know there's air getting to the lines, although there may still be fuel in there.

There. Fixed it for ya. LOL

Seriously, you've got a big air leak. First, your saying you have to crank it a while to get fuel out the schrader valve. That means your whole fuel filter is draining back to the tank because of the air leak. Secondly, when you see fuel at the collar, this is because a certain amount of fuel presure is in the return lines due to the IP passing fuel through all the time. It doesn't mean there is fuel in the steel lines from the IP. The only way to judge that, is to loosen the line nut at the injector. Fix what you know is broke before you worry about getting it started.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
So, am I looking for a leak between the lift pump and the filter? or between the tank and the lift pump? Or in the fuel return system?
Where do I start?
Thanks~!~!!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Uh, I think you already found one leak...
I did see a little fuel leakage, and some bubbles around the plastic collar on the front injector on the driver's side, so I know there's fuel getting to the lines, although there may still be air in there.

Gotta-B-Ford

BOOTLEGGER
Reaction score
I recently put on a new set of return line cups ,lines,and clamps and found 3 of the new caps leaked from day 1.O-Rings were cut when pushed on,maybe you did not get the cup pushed down all the way till it snaped.I ended up finding 3 of the best old cups and replacing,no leaks.Just something about those new cups,i think poor casting /plastic burrs inside cups.