• Weld it

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Just let the shop do it how they want

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

themoose

The Moose is Loose
Reaction score
How do you prefer to seal up your exaust system, welding or clamps?

When I do my own work I always clamp but when I go to a shop they always weld everything.

I haven't had much luck with the welding, I don't know if it makes it too solid & the joints viabrate apart or what the deal is but I have problems with it.

I feel if your system is built correctly, all the joints are tight & you use good clamps that clamping is the better way to go.

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was all welded by Rip Rook - the man in these parts for performance exhaust. As for welding it myself? I'd clamp it, but I'd rather have it welded...

MUDDY

Reaction score
used to weld em all till it was time to install a pdr40 on 1 rig and had 2 cut dwnpipe off. strted clamping aftr that as far as the dwnpipe be concerned. rest of joints welded

Whit

Reaction score
I run a couple 5" stacks on my ride and the whole system is put together with 4" wide band clamps, I am very impressed the how well they seal and hold together! It sure makes it simple to put it together and the best part is you can take it appart just as easy! If you are gonna clamp it go with the band clamps.:)

Cheers, Kevin

Tex56

Reaction score
I would agree, Clamp the down pipe and then weld

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online