Exhaust System 3"

Greg77

Reaction score
I've got both a 1990 and 1993 pickups rebuilt from the ground up that are just about done. Both need new exhaust systems. I was just going to put on a Walker system from Napa but have been told I may gain just a little fuel economy and power by going to 3". I had found some systems a year ago online for a reasonable price but wasn't at the point I was ready for it and it got forgotten about. Looked for about an hour this morning and didn't come up with anything good. These are both non turbo. Any recommendations appreciated. I want to stay in the $300.00 plus area.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I would say if you went to that size exhaust with a free-flowing muffler, you wouldnt gain all that power, but I would think you would gain 1-2 mpg ;Sweet . And if you do the exhaust and some kind of intake mod, your motor will probably rev faster, thats gasser thinking but it might.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my entire exhaust for about 240 including the 3" Gibson muffler. The pipe is 3" with a 4" chrome tip welded on. What I did was took off the old exhaust system brought it to the muffler shop and the guy bent all the 3" pipe I needed. Mark and I installed it in his barn. Don't know if I gained any MPG because its been so long since I filled my tank with the prices of fuel the way they are but it does sure sound a whole lot better.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did a 3" dual exhaust on the Moose Truck. Very easy to fab up with parts and pieces from NAPA. They usually don't keep 3" on the shelf, but can get them readily. Be prepared to pay. The bigger the pipe, the fatter your wallet needs to be.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:
I just did a 3" dual exhaust on the Moose Truck. Very easy to fab up with parts and pieces from NAPA. They usually don't keep 3" on the shelf, but can get them readily. Be prepared to pay. The bigger the pipe, the fatter your wallet needs to be.

Yep unless you have a good connection you can get the goodies for a 4" setup for bout 120 clams.;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online