Exhaust Stacks

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at putting stacks on my truck but man those kits are high. I have decided to make my own with some 3.5 or 4 inch tubing and premade mandral bends. What I cant seem to find is an online supplier of 4,5 or even 6 inch pipes with a mitter cut (stainless or chrome tips around 36"). I have looked on ebay, summit and a host of other online parts suppliers. Does anyone know of anywhere I could look?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
those kits are for lazy MORONS! i looked for a "universal one" and it was like $650! :puke: i got both 4' long 4" stcks for $125 a piece at a truck parts supplier (fleetpride). then i'll have the muffler shop run full straight piped 3" that'll be $270 tops. i can live with the whole thing for $520. ;Sweet

-Jon

rubberfish

Reaction score
One of the sites sponsors sells a kit like that.
I can't remember who they are, but if you search.
I copied a pic from them a while back. :)
It's a pic of a duracrap with some miter cuts.
Found it. This one here. :)

Attachments

• reddodge.gif
    reddodge.gif
    74.6 KB · Views: 12

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mr_Roboto, I live in middle georgia. I was looking for 4" at least but if the price is right I will settle for less.

My father has a tubing bender and welding machine so I run all my exhaust so this one would be no different. I will do a little more research. Thanks

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not had a problem with UPS but fedex would beat the hell out of them. I understand though. too much off a hassel that its worth. thanks anyway.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those kits are for lazy MORONS! ...

... i can live with the whole thing for $520.

The Grand Rock kits from Diesel Performance Plus (www.dpppower.com) run $399 for 4 foot long 4" stacks. AND, you don't have to run around town finding all the parts. I don't think that's foolish. (Maybe I'm lazy, but that's another subject) :D

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Garrett Shields at http://www.puredieselpower.com
is a dealer for Grand Rock Stacks. Very great guy to deal with & good prices. I have used the kits & built my own, it really depends what you want to do / spend. I built my own on my IDI to cut costs & I wanted them closer together. For all the way out to the bed rails & quality the Grand Rock Kit isn't a bad way to go.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I can't remember where but a buddy of mine bought a kit off Ebay thru one of the online stores and paid around 350-400 for 5" stacks and all the clamps,mounts, and the pipe and spliter plus the flex pipe all was 5" till it went thru the bed you need is an adapter to your stock size or some 4" pipe and having done 4 trucks now this washe best way to do it no doubt

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to do this next summer but I went to super duty truck store and they actually sell the same kits alot cheaper and include everything you need to do it. They offer everything from 7" down to 3" kits.

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Or you can build your own. With a little imagination and a little fabrication, you could build the cross tube and related parts, any local semi truck repaire shop or dealer will carry stacks. 5" usally look pretty good on our trucks.
I built my own, but I have a flat bed, which made it a little easier to do the fab work.

Attachments

• HPIM0165.JPG
    HPIM0165.JPG
    706.1 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online