Exhaust restricive

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely don't run a muffler, I have one on my truck and I cannot wait to delete it. They are restrictive and not necessary.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Dont think restriction is an issue with these.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm turbo'd, and straight piped out before the rear tire. I don't have the greatest hearing in the world, but it's hardly any louder than when the muffler was there. When my wife has driven the truck, and I've stayed, you can't hear the truck past the drive way; I know a Cummins straight piped, or a straight piped NA would be heard.

Any benefit running a straight pipe being n/a n how loud could it be surely less then running it on car

Runningaford

Reaction score
Any benefit running a straight pipe being n/a n how loud could it be surely less then running it on car
I've not run an NA straight piped; I know if it's done right, and get rid of the y pipes, it'll have more power. As far as the sound, from what I understand it's very loud. There are threads on here of folks doing it.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine comes from the stock y pipe to 3” for about a foot then 4” back to just before the right rear. I left the stock y because I knew I’d turbo eventually. It’s obnoxious... I’ve seen people jump if I downshift to pass them lol. towing, I can’t have a conversation with my passenger. I’ve looked in to mufflers but can’t justify the price of it and labor just to delete it when I go turbo. Driving alone, I love opening the rear slider and listening to the exhaust but it’s not something I’d take my grandma to church in.

I need to make a YouTube account.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t tell if my post got deleted or tapatalk is glitching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am with @laserjock run a diesel flow through muffler. it keeps it quiet outside the truck to where you can still have a conversation over you exhaust, sounds quiet in cab, but allows you to still hear whistle and engine noises when you roll down the windows and get on it. It is very little restriction but still quiet. I love my muffler!
Food for thought @hce