Exhaust ordered!!

ajd257

Reaction score
Well, I got all my exhaust on the way, I went with a 3'' DP from Banks and a 4'' system with strait through muffler from the DP back. The 4'' pipe is made for a PSD but the guy I bought it from agreed to sell me everything exept the downpipe and he cut me a deal. T & J Diesel, nice people to work with. I really would have liked to go with the ATS upgrade parts but the pockets were hardly deep enough for this. Does anybody run a system similar to this, just curious as to how it sounds/performs, any turbo noise??

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajd257 said:
Well, I got all my exhaust on the way, I went with a 3'' DP from Banks and a 4'' system with strait through muffler from the DP back. The 4'' pipe is made for a PSD but the guy I bought it from agreed to sell me everything exept the downpipe and he cut me a deal. T & J Diesel, nice people to work with. I really would have liked to go with the ATS upgrade parts but the pockets were hardly deep enough for this. Does anybody run a system similar to this, just curious as to how it sounds/performs, any turbo noise??

:thumbsup: Sorry I can't comment on the 4". I'm stuck with a 2.5" downpipe, so 3" is big enough for me.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same set up, turbo whistle is nice, power is good, EGT's are kept in pretty good check without the muffler. Some guys think it is too loud, but I don't really think it is any lounder than the stock Banks muffler and alot less restrictive. It does bark a little when you are hammering on it, but unless you put your foot through the floor all the time, you will enjoy it. It is pretty cool to hear your turbo whistle bouncing off nearby houses, walls and such. Scotty

ajd257

Reaction score
do you hear any turbo inside the cab or only if the windows are down and driving past something close? turbo noise is extremely minimal right now and Im dyin for some whistle! you guys know what Im talkin about. Thanks

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should switch to the Godzilla Air intake setup for your factory turbo, if you want to hear more whistle.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
ajd257 said:

I have 4" straightpipe system, and it sounds awesome! Like Mel stated,. I really didn't notice any performance gains going from 3 1/2 to 4", but the sound got more mellow, and lower rumble, and the whistle was a little more pronounced.

:thumbsup:

deanj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you put the banks down pipe on you may want to consider the ats 3inch turbo flange. With out the flange you still have the 2-1/4 or 2-1/2 (can never remember) restriction. The flange is around $270.

ajd257

Reaction score
So is it going to fit my factory turbo?? It better, it was listed to fit the 93-94 7.3l factory turbo, banks didnt tell me I was gonna have to get anything else??

aaklingler

Reaction score
I think it will fit, the exaust flange on the turbo isn't 3" though, so they probably have the end come done to the 2.5 or whatever. Does anybody know what the outside diameter of the stock exaust flange is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online