exhaust kits

analog

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a TDS convert here, well, I'm watching both, but I'm liking OB better.

I am wanting to upgrade the exhaust on my stock 88 F250. I've been watching eBay for kits, as that seems to be the place to get the deals. I want to go 3.5" - 4" pipes with a muffler or glasspack.

I see a lot of auctions for 99-present. Will that work on my truck? Obviously, I don't need the downpipe. Would just connecting into the stock Y-pipe help things? Or, would I be better off just going down to the local muffler shop, and having them put one in new Y-pipe and all?

Thanks

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
analog said:
Hey everyone, I'm a TDS convert here, well, I'm watching both, but I'm liking OB better.

I am wanting to upgrade the exhaust on my stock 88 F250. I've been watching eBay for kits, as that seems to be the place to get the deals. I want to go 3.5" - 4" pipes with a muffler or glasspack.

I see a lot of auctions for 99-present. Will that work on my truck? Obviously, I don't need the downpipe. Would just connecting into the stock Y-pipe help things? Or, would I be better off just going down to the local muffler shop, and having them put one in new Y-pipe and all?

Thanks

Welcome to OB! Most of us still watch both too, but it's a lot better here. Just take a look at the sitcky's and articles that we are collecting here. Won't have to answer this question too many times either. ;) Autojet makes a nice Y pipe I believe, which is supposedly better than the stock one. They also have exhaust kits. I've traditionally built my own.

ajd257

Reaction score
You can also find kits that fit the OBS strokers. They might fit your truck better than a kit for the superduties. I bought a kit,excluding the DP, for $230 from a guy in Cali. Shoot me a pm if you want his phone #, I still have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert