exhaust flow

Reaction score
If the original poster is running a turbo then a 4 inch straight pipe without a muffler is as big as you need. A 5 inch off the end of the down pipe will be a tuff fit. My 4 inch just fits but its close to the E4OD trans. Then the over the axle is another close fit.

Turbo yes, and I was thinking ill have it go out infront of the rear tire, I kind of like the look of that. Does look like a tight fit but e4od will be gone here in about a month or so, I think I can make it work until then.

Thanks for the replies and imput

Reaction score
got the pipe today, looks alot bigger in person, 2nd pic near the sterling 10.25 for reference on size
You must be registered for see images attach

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
My dad and i were walking threw the tool department in lowes ne day and we went my the hole-saws. i found the one that was 2.5 like the factory exhaust on my truck and then i found the one that was 4 inch.....WOW what a difference.

ya pics don't really do the size of the tubing justice. in the pics it does not look all that special but to see it in person it looks masive.

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
I really like the 5in pipe. I ran 3 inch from the y them up to four and up to a 5 inch stack. Truck was n/a 4 speed. It was so loud most people didnt like but I loved it.

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Yeppers. It was 5 inch from mid cab on up. Very very loud and I loved it. Next truck will be dual 5 with a flow trough mufler.

Reaction score
so last night me, nmb2, and lil red sled got together at nmb2's place and we got my exhaust all welded up and installed, stainless 309 wire is spendy stuff for only needing about a pound of it...when it only had 10lb spools.. any ways.. SOUNDS GREAT!! ill take video later today but here is pics for now.

now once i get a 5" to 6" tip it will sit at the perfect spot!

we had to lower the 3" pipe so the 5" would clear the crossmember supports, me on the left, lil red sled (FTE) on right

now time for a tip!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance