enging stalling

chris

Reaction score
the company i work for just bought a 93 6.5 . They gave it to me to drive to jobs. I noticed that sometimes when it is first started hot or cold it will start idling rough and then die. Usually if you wait another ten seconds or so it will start fine and stay running. I changed both fuel filters but it still does it. Any Suggestions?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any indication of air in the lines? ie....seepage at the feul pump, return lines, or wetness at the injection pump?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you're getting a bleed-down of feul in your system somewhere. Best way to tell is to install clear PVC tubing in your injector return line, preferablly the "bridge" or line from the last injector of each bank to the main return line and the same clear PVC from the inj pump. You will find either a line empty of feul or a line with air bubbles. the symptoms you are describing is consistent with air in the feul lines. do a "search" in the IDI section and you will find a ton of info there on leaky feul lines. They may be different makes, ie GM Vs. Furd, but the cominality is the staydyne inj pump. No BS the problems are the same.

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
You mention both fuel filters, if I'm not mistaken there is only one filter from '92 on up. This would indicate that a secondary filter has been added to your system meaning lines were modified and that could be where the air is coming from.

chris

Reaction score
my mistake on the quote of two filters, i ment the fuel pump deal that is along the frame on the drivers side. It looks like a filter but it does pump fuel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online