engineering flaws you dispise

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never. My oil pressure is funky but it's a crap gauge anyway, and my fuel senders don't work. My water temp never wavers or anything. It's the only one I use seeing as the others suck but I've never had an issue with it

Sent from my cyborg implant

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you had the IVR play tricks on you????
My old '84 E-350's IVR misbehaved...whenever the cab heat was on, the oil pressure and water temp gauges would both move up...as soon as the cab cooled down, they went back to normal.

I'm thinking the IVR on my truck might have failed, which is why my fuel gauge doesn't work (none of the other gauges ever worked)...

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only gripe...the price of diesel fuel vs regular grade gasoline.
My area, almost a $1.00 difference :mad:

Wellused

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lg Gatorade jug doesnt fit in the holes in the console

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
^^^yes, but at least we don't have foam in the box and the bottoms of the doors....although us extended cab guys get foam in the bottoms of the super cab panels.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol if someone who doesnt own one of these trucks wanted to buy one..i dont think they would after reading this.
Yes BRAKES suck.
adding a relay to headlights not a huge deal

ddestruel

Reaction score
what are they? not saying things that were out or break, just the stupid things they did to the trucks

80-86 - LOCATION OF HIGH BEAM INDICATOR! every truck I have driven with a non tilt column put the indicator behind the wheel. can see it at all

all three generations - HEAD LIGHT SWITCH! why run that much load threw em.

got any others?

Drive enough time at night that blue light shining back at you really distracts the eyes.... i used to pull the bulb on dodges because it was so bright my OBS ford i electrical taped the bulb to dim it.... 8-10 hours of night driving the worst thing in the world is cab lights and that high beam bulb is a pet peeve of mine in every vehicle even new. i know when I’m on high beams i don’t need an idiot light

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
indicator is a inspection requirement here...

and whats with the brakes? everyone I have stops great, never had a brake complaint

ksingltn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
indicator is a inspection requirement here...

and whats with the brakes? everyone I have stops great, never had a brake complaint

Yeah, me either. All of my brake issues have been booster related, had the factory booster and master go out almost simultaneously. Hyrdoboosted and fixed.

Since we aren't limiting to IDI's,

Lug pattern games. I cannot understand the logic of changing lug patterns every couple of years, in particular having 10 lug, then 8 lug, then 10 lug, then 8 lug on the F450. Not to mention the metric 5 and 8 lug patterns versus the inch ones. We won't even talk about 7 lug wheels.

Heater cores that require removal of the dashboard. Ford has been good about this in their trucks, but mustangs and crown vics are a huge PITA, along with others.

OBS headlight doors. What a mess those are. Pain to remove, and you can't aim the headlights unless they are off.