Engine Timing in Atlanta

Tim McKay

Reaction score
Anyone in Atlanta recommended for timing of one of our engines? 1993 Turbo Diesel, bone stock.

Thanks!

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in the Nashville area and have everything needed to get the job done. So I’m only one state away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim McKay

Reaction score
Well, I broke down and bought the Tech Timer on Ebay. Its a brand new unit as advertised. Easy to use, almost stupid easy. I would recommend it.
The truck was at 11.5*, changes it to 9.3* per what most people on here are setting them to today. Much quieter on startup, and feels free spinning, less restricted, at the higher RPMs. Havent looked at fuel milage yet. It just feels right now.
TNbrett, I almost took you up on driving to Nashville, but decided to pull the trigger. Thanks for the offer.
I will add my name to the registry to try and help out some.
Thanks again all.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Wether you buy it and use it, or buy it and take it to your favorite mechanic to use. Having one is the only way to go!

I know some mechanics out there have been around these enought to time by ear, but my guess is that only 10% of those who claim to, actually have this ability to get within a degree 8.5 and nail it.

Since injectors wearing, timing pumps wearing, and other factors can impact/change your timing it is good to have one so you can check say every 2 years or 30K miles to see if you are in the spec.

Congrats on your purchase and getting your timing dialed in!