Engine swap

Ford86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! And what oil filter are you talking about? Like for what engine? Because I'm gonna do a oil change every 1,000 miles for the first few times to flush the engine out. I'll post pictures as the build goes on! Should be pulling it out soon. Also I looked at my intake on my 6.9 and it looks like a inch or so of oily dirt. Thank god I won't have that engine anymore haha

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ PSD and IDI have the same oil filter base. PSD filter is bigger, so some IDI folks rock a PSD filter for the added capacity.

Ford86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

7.3T and i'm definitely gonna get one when its time for another oil change!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are dojng a engine flush of oil every 1k why not sqve some $$ and do Auto RX treatment instead?????

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

7.3T and i'm definitely gonna get one when its time for another oil change!

Sweet! Nice engine you have there. Looks like it needs a healthy dose of degreaser.

Ford86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Riot warrior what is that?

And thanks! I gotta pressure wash and paint it soon. And RTV some places

Ford86

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I took off my flywheel cover and this is what it looks like. It dosent look very thick to me but I don't know what the thick one looks like compared to this

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is definitely the thicker c6 flywheel. It is much thicker than the stamped steel flexplate that the turbo motor requires, thus, the reason you need the flexplate spacer. Now, save that flywheel, because there are some c6 people that would love to buy that from you I would bet. You might be able to recover some money you have spent.

Not sure how much, but if I remember, they aren't cheap.

Ford86

Full Access Member
Reaction score

got the radiator out today! man that thing was heavy then I thought haha. Now time time to undo fuel lines and wires and a few other things and shell be ready to get pulled!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Riot warrior what is that?

And thanks! I gotta pressure wash and paint it soon. And RTV some places

Auto RX...google search it...it is a slow acting engine flush designed to remove sludge and other crap slowly over time 3000 miles...some here have used it and swear by it.

Ford86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll defidentaly do that! engine is looking to come out sometime this week if I find time after work. I can't wait!!

Ford86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question. So there's a 86 f350 with a 6.9 and a 4 speed manual on my local Craigslist. An injector went bad so it doesn't run. But I have my old 6.9 that I could swap injectors with. It also has a truck bed that I need. I was thinking about picking it up as a parts truck. Or a a plow truck or winter beater or just fix it up and try to make some profit. But anyways. I was thinking that if I got a zf5 flex plate to replace the flex plate in this manual transmission if it would bolt right up. Since the flex plate bolts to the crank i know that will work. But will the tranny hook right up to it? Please help thank you!