Engine options

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Travis don't even say it but here is goes.:backoff

Well I am acquiring a 92 dually 4x4 pickup tonight, pending the weather, and it had a diesel in it.:eek:

Cost?????? FREE!;Really

My BIL is working the deal for me but not sure if he has a spare engine floating around as I'll know more tonight when he comes over cause it has an empty engine compartment right now.

If no motor is laying around this guys barn, what engine/ bell housing options do I have with this beast.

Keeping in mind, this is just gonna be a farm truck wood hauler and I really haven't seen the truck yet either but was told it was in good condition.
The PO has a township blight issue and needs it gone asap to avoid a big fine.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
;Really

Resistance is futile LOL :D

alrighty then... if it were me I would look for a p-pumped engine because well frankly you can get more get up and go out of them cheaper and easier than the 1st gens - not to say the first gens can't be built but you have more potential. Saying that you will only use it as a farm truck well once you get behind the wheel of a turned up p-pump trust me you won't keep it just for the farm... ;Sweet

if no tranny - I like my nv4500 it's been a pretty good tranny so far - it's still holding up under my foot abeit it does have some issues but nothing I could not fix with a welder (5th gear nut)...

Once ole Mel sees this :fan:

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
How about a slant 6, or 392 IH? I'd say a 350, but there's just too many of them in everything else.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
argve said:
;Really

Resistance is futile LOL :D

Once ole Mel sees this :fan:

Well, I don't have the truck in my posession yet. The current owner got called away for a big cleanup job..... Dang hazmat spillers.:mad:

Hence why my BIL never got back to me.

I was hoping to have it so I could start tinkering or parting out, but oh well, at least the truck has my dibs.

I hope Mel doesn't see this as I know between him and Freight...........:eek:

95_stroker said:

I like yer thinking!;Sweet
Just gotta find a cheap something or other tho.....SOON!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,I can't say anything since my Swonking license has been suspended after the unclean thoughts of making White Lightning a Fummins.....Which I will keep my mouth shut on that one.....:angel:

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
hell,I will chance it and put my nickles worth in........How about a 6.2L driptroit with a turbo 400 tranny?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
DT466/Allison?

:eek: :eek:
Heck, that would be an option for the Beef!:love:

Man you guys ar killing me here on idears.;Sweet
My BIL got shipped to the hospital last weekend and is off work for awhile so I am still waiting for the goat truck......Getting frustrating. I think I can hear it rusting from here.:rolleyes:

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hell,I will chance it and put my nickles worth in........How about a 6.2L driptroit with a turbo 400 tranny?

i've got one of those in my 82 burb.....
only reason the gutless wonder is still in there is because even with the pump turned up it hasnt blown up yet. the way i have to beat on it to pull an empty 18ft car hauler i'm sure it wont last another 15k. the only thing the 6.2 does for me is get decent mileage and its a great conversation starter everywhere i go.
they usually start like this "thats a diesel? a 6.2 and it still runs?????!!!!!!" i chuckle and say....for now i guess.:puke:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too late.
You must be registered for see images attach

Darn! Where's my nuclear explosion image?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online