Engine How To Video

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
REALLY looking forward to this! Too many videos floating around of wannabe mechanics performing heart surgery with a pipe wrench expecting miracles. To make it worse, when their halfassed handywork develops problems, they whine and moan about how bad the engine is. Constant problem where I live anyway.

Thanks in advance, Gary. The much needed expertise will go a long way into keeping new and old IDI owners driving these beasts for years to come. ;Sweet

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Gary,

Need someone to hold the camera? I can get a girl to crawl around on the truck or point to displays if you think the audience could stand the distraction.

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
Great Idea Gary!, add one on glow plug removal and install and how about one on how to clean the engine (Re:Hydrolocking).

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i wouldnt show how to ream the injector seats. just mention that it might need to be done if "so and so" happened. people are gona think that reaming them NEEDS to be done every time they pull the injectors out. i have never reamed one out and never had an issue.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This is very true crawler... I will be going into that after a few posting here. I have "severl heads" that are spares so it will be an easy bench item to show with plenty of lites..... OWWW... I may be getting big time into this... Might need some ladys to help this along.... You know the eye candy type....

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont I recall you sayin you have DD's in the house Gary/

88IDITurbo

88IDITurbo
Reaction score
Did anything ever come from these videos? As a new/****** IDI owner I am very curious about the ins and outs of these motors.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes... The video is done but I need help to post it here... Been working on how to do this from all the help this site is offering....:thumbsup::hail:D