electrical problems

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
does anyone know where i can locate a wiring diagram for the headlight switch in my 86 f350. my headlights work fine, but when i pull the switch half way out, the dash doesn't light up, neither do the park lights. i want to to jump the wires before buying a new switch.

ALSO

When are the yellow lights on the front fenders supposed to light up, this is the first time ive owned this generation truck so im not familiar as to when the should light up since nothing is working properly.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't have a diagram but the front yellas should be on starting with the first click, or if using blinkers/cautions

might be bad fuse(s) too

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
forgot to mention all fuses are good ;Sweet going to try to mess with it a little later on today, feel free to post any more ideas!

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
ok so i got the running lights working, dont ask what i did :p but the instrument cluster still wont light up,all fuses are good, any ideas on that? also i checked the instrument cluster fuse to make sure it was getting power to it and it was on both sides

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
and i check the bulbs, didnt think about the ground though, ill try to see if it i can find it, thanks!