electric lift pump questions

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I was reading another post and didn't want to hijack it with my question. I hear a lot of you guys running electric pumps primarily the carrier pumps. What model of pump is it and where did you get it, how much? Can it be installed to eliminate the mechanical pump? I know pumps like to push fluid rather than pull it so wheres the best place to install it? In front of the fuel selector valve so it can draw from both tanks?

Also how do these pumps like wvo? I have completely eliminated as far as I can tell anything that would cause an air leak but the truck still starts hard and runs rough for several minutes until warmed up. It wasn't like that a year ago but I started running wvo and I think I have caused some damage to the lift pump or something because I was running it pretty cold but won't be this time.

I haven't replaced the ip or injectors but the truck runs pretty smooth once warmed up so I don't think its a rush on replacing that. I have a new return line kit on, new fuel lines. Also motorcraft gp's are new and basically everything else on the engine is new since I had the entire engine apart this winter resealing it. To be fair I am working on some other stuff and don't need the truck right now so I haven't taken it on a road trip so maybe once some fuel gets ran through the system it would start better. I just recently replaced the o-ring on the fuel filter head, I had to order it in and put a green one in that fit it and it fit really good and isn't leaking anymore so I just have the international o-ring for backup I guess. Anyways lets hear some thoughts on this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Staff online