Electric fuel.pump install questions

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Looking for little help with my Holly Red electric fuel pump install . After have some issues with my Facet pump and reading the most recent thread on the subject I decided to give this pump a go. My biggest issue is how hook up to the fuel selector valve with the new fuel line. Can you buy just the ends that hook up to that and are compatible with the 3/8 fuel line I'm running. If not , what isthe best way . The pump is mounted on the frame just ahead of the FSV. I'm doing this on a single cab and this was about the only place I felt I could install it and keep both tanks. Tucks up nicely next to the transfer case. I have ran all new 3/8 fuel line to filter head. Just not how the heck to deal with hooking up to FSV. Thanks for.the help!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok
FIRST proofread and edit your post.

Now what's the problem?
Swap the facett and plumb in the holley!?
The fsv has 1 feed line forward, splice into it...

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, should have reread.that post. Yes, what's the best way to splice into those plastic./ nylon fuel lines. If possible , I'm wondering if there is a way to hook up directly to the FSV without splicing.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
I spliced into the plastic lines in front of the FSV, then into a fuel filter/trap canister with a screen in it (from Cat that I don't remember part # of), then into my Holly Red. Then on to my last fuel filter in the engine bay.
I just spliced the lines using IIRC 3/8" fuel line slipped over the supply line & clamped it. Same on the return 5/16" line. Clamp snug & tight, but not too tight or you'll collapse the plastic lines.

The Cat filter/screen catches nearly any & all stuff, water too, before it goes thru the Holly Red.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done that also, just slipped the nylon line up into the rubber line. The OD of the plastic line is 3/8 and 5/16, and the ID of the hose you can get is 3/8 and 5/16, so it fits perfectly. Like he said, there is no support on the inside of the nylon line, so don't clamp it too tight.

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks you guys. I thought about that but didn't know if it would seal good enough. As you know we darn sure don't need more air intrusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight