electric fuel pump conversion

91ididiesel

Reaction score
I want to convert my mechanical fuel pump to a electric system what do I need and how do I block off the port for the mechanical pump after removal cheers - chris

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the electric fuel pump conversion eliminate the lift pump and fuel pump?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The lift pump and fuel pump are one in the same. Only one low pressure supply pump.
Then the high pressure injection pump.

Yes, it eliminates it.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed one today, it was easy. Truck starts like a dream now.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
We never recommend running both an electric and mechanical at the same time. Pushing fuel from an electric thru the mechanical will damage the mechancial lift pump diaphram. then you leak fuel out of the ground and usually into the oil pan. Going into the oil pan quickly dilutes the oil and ruins the engine bearings. This is the reasons not to run that way. An electric lift pump as recommended here is one of the very best modifications we can do for our engines. It saves the starter from less cranking to get fuel pressure up. It saves the batteries from long cranks because you have a fuel leak down issue too. Its not a band aid repair but a good upgrade that saves in the long run.

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Is the Carrier pump and the Duralift one in the same?

I see both names thrown around but I didn't know if Carrier is just the brand for the Duralift.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are the same pump. Carrier uses the facet duralift on their ****** units as I understand it. There is a supply of the carrier branded units we can get at a great price.

Mine works great btw.