egts why

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello i was talking to my brother and he has a 99 powerstroke and he just stuck 4 inch exhaust on and took the turbine muffler out and cleaned the oil out of his ic pipe and he is seeing 6-8 egts on the highway and was seeing 5-7 egts before the mods why would the egts go up instead of down? :dunnocookoo thanks

rthomas

Reaction score
The only thing that crosses my mind is maybe a loose IC tube coupler, if your loosing pressure the heat will go up.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello i was talking to my brother and he has a 99 powerstroke and he just stuck 4 inch exhaust on and took the turbine muffler out and cleaned the oil out of his ic pipe and he is seeing 6-8 egts on the highway and was seeing 5-7 egts before the mods why would the egts go up instead of down? :dunnocookoo thanks

Are you saying EGT (ehaust gas temps) 600 to 700 degrees or boost pressure 6 to 7 lbs?

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well we took it apart today and stuck in a wicked wheel and tightened the inner cooler couplers down good and stiil same thing except dont boost over 10 psi now hardly grr help

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
boost leak. check all charge pipes leaks, tighten the clamps to proper torque specs. he should be pushing closer to 20 psi

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep we were idiots and forgot to tighten the bottom two orange couplers. we were talking last night and all of sudden his like i didn't tighten those two did i and sure enough loose as a goose haha just idiot mistake i guess haha built 23 psi of boost now anyways

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828