EGT's out of control

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then you have something bad wrong going on, bone stock you should have no problems pushing 15-17 psi boost and the HIGHER your boost pressure (and RPMs) the lower your EGT's will be.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I would begin looking for boost leaks, you should be able to make more than 10psi without running into egt trouble

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I'd say you got a problem going on cause my 96 with programer on high rarely reaches 1200 degrees pulling 10-12k pounds. I'm wondering if the ebpv is stuck partially shut?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
The boots to the plenums are the leakers in most cases. They get soaked with oil and crap. Then start to crack.

There is a gasket that seals the plenum to the head.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
The boots to the plenums are the leakers in most cases. They get soaked with oil and crap. Then start to crack.

There is a gasket that seals the plenum to the head.

It's the boots I need, but can't find.. I wonder if I could just match something up somewhere...

I did manage to find and order the gaskets I need, for the compressor outlet to Y-Pipe connection...

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I found all the hoses I need and got them changed. My boost numbers went from 3PSI at 70MPH on the interstate, to 5-6PSI on the same stretch of road. I've been able to max the boost out at 16-17PSI, when I put my foot in it.

I also changed out the crushed DP, in favor of a 3" DP. I haven't towed with it yet, but was only able to go a bit above 1200* while climbing a steep hill, about 2 miles uphill.

I already have the 6637 intake and the cat delete, so the only possible thing left to do (That I can think of) is gut the EBPV.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I found all the hoses I need and got them changed. My boost numbers went from 3PSI at 70MPH on the interstate, to 5-6PSI on the same stretch of road. I've been able to max the boost out at 16-17PSI, when I put my foot in it.

I also changed out the crushed DP, in favor of a 3" DP. I haven't towed with it yet, but was only able to go a bit above 1200* while climbing a steep hill, about 2 miles uphill.

I already have the 6637 intake and the cat delete, so the only possible thing left to do (That I can think of) is gut the EBPV.

does this thing have a chip in it?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Shouldn't have to gut the EBPV on a stock PSD. If EGT's are still high, you have other problems.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Shouldn't have to gut the EBPV on a stock PSD. If EGT's are still high, you have other problems.

I got a better feel for it today... Coming home from work...

I can get it just past 1200*, but really have to work it.

I'll see how it goes, next time I tow with it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin