EGT gauge weirdness.

thx997303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little while back, my egt gauge Started to randomly drop to zero while running down the freeway. A quick thottle blip would make it work again.

Now, It will drop to zero if i get on the throttle.

It's a gauge marked with ats on the bezel. No idea on the brand.

What could the deal be?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the connections where the thermocouple connects to the wire that goes to the gauge. Even if they look reasonably clean, go to town with a piece of steel wool...there's very little current going through those wires, so even the slightest bit of dirt can degrade the signal enough to make the gauge read 0. I had that happen to me with an almost new gauge; cleaned the connections, covered them with liquid electrical tape, and I've had no problems for 6 years even in a salt-air climate ;Sweet

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second checking the connections on the back of the gauge. ATS problably is the brand, they make turbos, probly an ATS gauge and turbo you have.

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3x on the connection. The Warden was nuts on with the cleaning tip. Hope it works out - easiest and cheapest to be back in business

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those thermocouples only generate a few millivolts. There really hard to see.LOL

thx997303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a consensus to me. I'll clean up any connections and see what happens.