edge evo 2?

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone has one if they feel the guage readouts are as acurate as aftermarket gauges. I am also wondering where it gets its boost reading from as I took the evo out of my 96 to try in my 03 and just a moderate tromp on the race program turned the CEL on I'm assuming from overboost so if I put a boost fooler on or something like that if the evo 2 gets its boost reading from the map sensor thats gonna kinda defeat the purpose of the boost gauge :dunno

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
not 100% shure, but I believe the evo gets the boost reading from the map sensor.
you ar correct if ya put a boost fooler in it will change the reading.
check the codes, you shouyldnt be getting an over boost code with any newer program or chip, they are programmed for that not to happen.
I would bet an icp code is more like it.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
thanks Nick it was to late to mess with it last night but after a few miles the cel went out but I figure there is still a code stored. If it is the icp is there any way to prevent that from happening or is it something you have to live with unless your gonna upgrade to big oil?

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
if it is icp there may be other issues,
I run same mean programs and it takes more than just a little burst for a cel.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Aric you don't have to live with it, just put a piece of black elec. tape over the cel.;Sweet

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
You know russ I almost said that I didn't want to put tape over the dashLOL Any how I checked tonight and no codes so I dunno what caused it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle