Ebay warning fellers

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yaric008 said:
You'll be fine. Paypal will get your money back. As soon as they see all those negative feed backs they'll be like... here's your money back.

SOMETIMES! If they can't recover the funds (i.e. if the guy transferred them all to his bank acct. and then closed the acct.) it can be tough to recover any money. It's happened to me. I also believe PayPal is now charging a $25 fee for recovering funds... imagine that. They have quite the racket going.

For LOTS more info in the intricacies of PayPal payments and eBay scams, check out the online auction forums at fatwallet.com.

Snowdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paypal...

Paypal is for SELLERS only, they did nothing about the dispute I had over $800, hard rock maple butcher block that the seller tried to fill glue voids in with wood putty. They decide against me so I did a chargeback and my CC gave me the money. NOW I am banned from using paypal unless I give them the money back, yea right! I opened up another account in my wife's name and use that one. Bottom line, ALWAYS USE A CREDIT CARD. Chargebacks are easy, I've never been denied, I think I have done five.

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad deals

I got burned on Ebay a few years ago, I bought sone stuff from a person and waited 5 to 6 weeks with no response and it turned out thet Pay Pal said I had to file a dispute with in 30 days or they couldnt help. :draw
The only recourse I had was I used a debit/ Visa card.
I went to my bank and explained to them what happened and I had to go to the local police station and file a fraud complaint . Then take a copy back to my bank and they got my $ back. :thumbsup:
From now on 1st I check feed back . 2nd Ebay gives the seller 7 days to ship. I hound and threaten after that 7 day period . :backoff
Best thing tio do is pay attention and be carefull.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
metrojd said:
Best thing tio do is pay attention and be carefull.

Or not use it. If I can find what I'm looking for anywhere else, I'll buy it there. Ebay is a last resort for me, with the exception of a very few sellers that I do business with more than once (ebay stores).

Tom

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Well i guess i have heard a few horror stories about paypal but they've been nice to me... Usually if the person has other complaints against them they'll freeze their paypal account that way they can get your funds back. But if you're the first person making the complaint it could be too late.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
loosing money on ebay or internet sells happens all the time. :mad:
thats why it is better to deal with a local person or well known seller.
bee surprised how many customers I get that have ebay stuff that dont fit, wont work etc. then Im supposed to help them or fix it for free.

patternman

Reaction score
yaric008 said:
Well i guess i have heard a few horror stories about paypal but they've been nice to me... Usually if the person has other complaints against them they'll freeze their paypal account that way they can get your funds back. But if you're the first person making the complaint it could be too late.

If you want to see some horror stories check this site: http://www.paypalsucks.com/
As stated above PayPal and Ebay are really only interested in the sellers.
Think about it, how do PayPal and Ebay make money? They get funds from the sellers, thus they cater to sellers they could really care less about buyers they make no money from the buyers.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,just got a notice via Paypal that the seller shipped it out today.We will see.They are in Floriduh so it should be here tuesday.

sassyrel

Reaction score
freight--ive ordered gauges from him twice now--and got them quick--no joke--soooooo--its hard to say----but like snow said--paypal wants you to put the money in their account--and then pay--uhuh--use the credit card thru paypal--end of problem!!!!!!!!!!

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
patternman said:
... how do PayPal and Ebay make money? They get funds from the sellers, thus they cater to sellers they could really care less about buyers they make no money from the buyers.

if there were no buyers there would be no ebay? :rotflmao

Snowdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out this link http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200607211401102.html
I guess it's EVIL guys like me the caused them to provide the POOR sellers with extra protection. Just proves my point...ALWAYS USE YOUR CREDIT CARD and you will be protected from Paypal screwing you. Using Paypal is great, easy and fast, but cover your bases and shopping eBay will be safe. Have fun.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,latest update with this Son of a B*****.He left me 3 negative feedbacks after I left him 1 neg and 2 Neutral.He stated the package was damaged and sent back to him(***,It never f*****g showed up here!),then he had to resend....talk about a crock of chit.Gonna go on the rampage on all the boards I frequent spreading this info out on him....I told him upfront about it too.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A new york punk ripped me off for $90.00 on a idi oil pump about 3 months ago. I used paypal and a credit card. All paypal would do is charge me $25.00 and would try to get my money back or give me as much as they could collect from him. Also paypal has no way for you to leave negative feedback on them. They want you happy or they charge you 25.00 to TRY to get your money back. They really are not getting my business ever again for that. I got my money back from the card and "the bank" went after the punk.... ;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
Well,latest update with this Son of a B*****.He left me 3 negative feedbacks after I left him 1 neg and 2 Neutral.He stated the package was damaged and sent back to him(***,It never f*****g showed up here!),then he had to resend....talk about a crock of chit.Gonna go on the rampage on all the boards I frequent spreading this info out on him....I told him upfront about it too.

File with Ebay to have those removed. You have a trail of this bull, they should work with you on it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Isn't it great how some crook can say whatever they want about why you didn't get what you paid for!!! These punls know what and when to say something bad about us when we find out were being ripped off. Paypal should wakeup and take a look at whats going on here. The buyer is really taking it in the *ss here. Its not my idea of fair dealings. Wheres my Beachnut when I need it........ :D