Ebay warning fellers

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,I bought 3 guages to fill the void in the Enterprises gauge pod from where Travis removed and sold those 1st Gen VDO Gauges before I bought the E.I purchased them on June 12th,Paid Via paypal June 14th.Today is July 20(well,just clicked over to 21st) and still no gauges or Emails.The Guys handle is HPTrucks.Started a claim against him tonight.Looking though his Feedback tonight and it sure doesn't look good.62 Negs in the last month,156 in past 6 months,157 in past year.....Youch.Keep clear of this clown!Dang,Really wanted these gauges too.Electric Oil pressure guage,Electric water temp and a 150PSI boost gauge cookoo ;Really :Sly

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I got burned on ebay a while back too. The seller left me a negative as a retaliation for me leaving him a negative for not delivering. Go figure. I even emailed him wanting to know the status and got no reply. I've got zero tolerance for bad customer service. In todays electronic (internet) age, customer service is what sets companies apart. There are very few ebayers I will deal with now. It's unfortunate how the actions of a few affect many.

Tom

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I always check the feedback before I bid or buy it now... If there seems to be a problem I just bypass them and find someone else to get the product from.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never been burned on Ebay, knock on wood. As long as you do your homework its pretty safe. If you paid through Paypal then you are safe.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Thats the problem,I did check the Feedback and he had like 5500Positive with a 99% rating but now he is down to like 97.3 or something

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of tips... if the seller fails to reply to your PayPal/eBay dispute, you can leave feedback and he will not be able to; thus, not retaliatory negative feedback for you. Second, if PayPal fails to settle up, you can call your credit card company (assuming you paid with a credit card) and ask them to do a "chargeback" as the items purchased were never received. Good luck! Perhaps the buyer ran into hard times and just needs a little while to recover (i.e. car accident, personal illness, etc...)? Look up his contact info with eBay and call him; you may just luck out!

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I do think he should have gotten back to you, but six days after payment is a little soon to expect things on the door step. Some people (like me) live far away from a shipping point, and it's a lot of work to ship things unless using USPS.

Also, Paypal has taken care of me, so do a dispute thing with them. I never left a negative feedback for the guy I had trouble with, because of the negative feedback concern for me, but he got kicked off ebay shortly after. Seems he didn't reply to anyone else either.

I told him before biddign that I was going to be in Saint Louis at such and such date and time, and asked him if I could pick it up. He said OK. After the auction, I emailed him for the address, and he replied "JUST STOP BY ANYTIME" I could not get any more information from him, no phone number, nothing. After the dispute started, he got mad, saying that his information was on eBay, but only the buyer's information is visible there. Anyway, he didn't reply to Paypal either, and I got my money back. It's too bad, because I won a transfer case for $25. I really wanted to get it.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
Well,I bought 3 guages to fill the void in the Enterprises gauge pod from where Travis removed and sold those 1st Gen VDO Gauges before I bought the E.I purchased them on June 12th,Paid Via paypal June 14th.Today is July 20(well,just clicked over to 21st) and still no gauges or Emails.The Guys handle is HPTrucks.Started a claim against him tonight.Looking though his Feedback tonight and it sure doesn't look good.62 Negs in the last month,156 in past 6 months,157 in past year.....Youch.Keep clear of this clown!Dang,Really wanted these gauges too.Electric Oil pressure guage,Electric water temp and a 150PSI boost gauge cookoo ;Really :Sly

What the hell are you planning with a 150 PSi boost guage? Anyone else, and I would assume a typo, but with you frieght.......

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
82fordtruck said:
I do think he should have gotten back to you, but six days after payment is a little soon to expect things on the door step. Some people (like me) live far away from a shipping point, and it's a lot of work to ship things unless using USPS.

Read again, its not 6 days, its 5 WEEKS. June 14 till July 20.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
You'll be fine. Paypal will get your money back. As soon as they see all those negative feed backs they'll be like... here's your money back.

Basically, if you guys don't know, this is how the process works. If you think you've been scammed you open a ticket/complaint on paypal. The other person has 10 days to relpy to the complaint, if they do an arbirtator comes in from paypal and tells the bad guy to either give the money back, give you your product, and if the person can't prove that you got the product they'll decide in your favor and you get your money back. Also if you can prove what you got was not what was advertised they'll decide in your favor. Also, if the person doesn't respond in 10 days you automatically win and get your money back. I think you have 90 days to file a complaint after a sale on ebay.

One time i was buying something worth 500 bucks on ebay. I found a really good deal so bought it and paid via paypal right then. About 20 mins later i got an email from the same ebay user saying to send them money via western union. Immediatley, i was like, ohhh crappp. I then about 5 mins later got emails from other ebay users warning me against the seller telling me i was getting scammed. So i went and filed a complaint with paypal.

On ebay, the seller all a sudden got a bunch of negative feedback, before that, they had all positive. So i did the user information lookup on ebay and called the person on the account. The lady was like freaking out about why i was calling her and how i got her information. It took me a few minutes to explain and it turned out her username and password were stolen. So we both contacted ebay and told them the story.

Finally i got my 500 bucks back in 10 days and ebay deleted the account i think.

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost got burned once. If your the seller you could at least be curtious and reply to emails to at least let people know you havn't fallen off the face of the earth. I would be fine with a reply to an email that said "i havn't been able to mail it yet." just as long as i don't get that email to much longer after i bought it :)

82fordtruck

Reaction score
fsSnowboard said:
I almost got burned once. If your the seller you could at least be curtious and reply to emails to at least let people know you havn't fallen off the face of the earth. I would be fine with a reply to an email that said "i havn't been able to mail it yet." just as long as i don't get that email to much longer after i bought it :)

I sure agree. I never let emails go that I get. I don't know what it is with some people, but they just don't seem to care. I would expect that anyone active on eBay would reply to emails within 24 hours, and ship within 3-4 days of payment. But, I don't get too picky as long as people are communicating with me.

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea. also, my logic is, if your selling online you must at least be comforable with being online and should probably be checking your email regularly anyways.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fizzle