Ebay: Quigley 4x4 dually van. must see.$$$

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bronco would be a nice DD, But its still a half ton frame, so I agree when it comes to work they are in a completely different ballpark. the Ambulance would make a killer camper/tow rig.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have faith in Ford's 1/2 ton frames.;Really 500hp is a good test though:eek:

I dont trust em for any heavy towing or real work beyond what they are rated for. I have seen people build tow rigs out of half tons with 1 ton suspension, but the sad reality is that its still just rated at half ton numbers. DOT man will be happy to write you an overweight ticket if your hauling beyond 1/2 ton load as well.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I dont trust em for any heavy towing or real work beyond what they are rated for. I have seen people build tow rigs out of half tons with 1 ton suspension, but the sad reality is that its still just rated at half ton numbers. DOT man will be happy to write you an overweight ticket if your hauling beyond 1/2 ton load as well.

It is still a bronco, and you have to treat it like one. Doesn't matter if it has a 2000hp engine. It is still a 1/2 ton with a 105" WB, Far from an ideal tow vehicle

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is still a bronco, and you have to treat it like one. Doesn't matter if it has a 2000hp engine. It is still a 1/2 ton with a 105" WB, Far from an ideal tow vehicle

Agreed. Thats the point I was trying to make. For what it is, its pretty cool, but to compare the 2 vehicles, Well its apples and oranges.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bronco would be nice...and I want to get as close to that as I can with my IDI and one tons...plain and simple..it will be my dd and my tow and toy all in one!

eatont9999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that was a panel van at a decent price, I could see John having a heart attack over it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.