Advice Sought for a 4x4 van Build

warmblood58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy front and rear super duty axles for my '94 7.3 idi 4x4 e350 van build. My e40d trans is shot - would I be wise to build the trans listed below (4R70W)? Are there compatibility issues with this? The Ujoint stuff would be nice to have too! Any thoughts? Thanks!

Front axle - $700 with all spare parts
Rear axle - $500
BW 1356 T-Case - $200
Superduty front Driveshaft - $200
4R70W Transmission from 4x4 F-150 - $250
I also have a full UJOINT Offroad 4x4 kit with leaf springs for a 4" lift to fit 33" tires on an econoline van. Contact me if you are interested.
I have a lot of other random parts for the conversion but these are just the big things I'd like to get rid of soon. I will be listing the van for sale this week as well and preference goes to someone willing to buy the van and all parts as a package deal.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Everything except the transmission. Just try to get the price down.
When I reread your post I got confuzzled. Are you trying to sell all this? Or buy it for your van?

warmblood58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything except the transmission. Just try to get the price down.
When I reread your post I got confuzzled. Are you trying to sell all this? Or buy it for your van?

Thanks, I just cut and pasted his ad - not selling my van but was intrigued by his offer - the 4.10 diffs were POR painted. Perhaps just try to buy the UJOINT lift kit though not sure I want a 4"lift as my van build will be more of a sportsmobile build vs a crawler type application

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online