Dynamat in the IDI

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well after getting the firewall away from the exhaust pipes on the turbo install, I have finally seen/ heard the results of the Dynamat install.
And it is GOOD! ;Sweet

Placing 39 sqft on the firewall and floorpans as far back to the back seats, I can barely hear the ole diesel ID rattle in the cab........ So much for that louder stereo. :Sly
When re-doing the truck, I had removed the factory sound deadener as it was falling apart and torn in several places.

To really hear the engine running, I now have to roll the window down.
I must say that the cabin is now about as quiet as a ga$$er. :eek: :puke:
It was worth the money spent in my opinion for those who are looking into it.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dynamat is the cats pajamas man, I would love to put that stuff in my 95! Do you have install pics?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug Bensen showed me how he was using this stuff in his van makeover. Looks like it should be pretty effective at quiting things down.

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to hear it realy quieted down your rig. I've been thinking of installing it when i upgrade/add speakers to my stereo. isn't that stuff heavy though? i guess it doesn't matter though seeing that our trucks already weigh a bit.

Max Power

Reaction score
I'd love to do dynamat in my trucks but it's oh so much work and I am oh so lazy. :D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Dynamat is the cats pajamas man, I would love to put that stuff in my 95! Do you have install pics?
Mike, I can't remeber if I did but will post em if'n I got em. ;Sweet

It was a pretty heavy box and kinda reminds me of the ice barrier stuff that is used on roofing.

It definitly did the trick as I can now hear my turbo talkin' :D :D

Best get on it Tony, you'll be glad like we all need another project to do. cookoo

Right Darrin. :rotflmao

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
Mike, I can't remeber if I did but will post em if'n I got em. ;Sweet

Thanks.... ;Sweet

pafixitman

Reaction score
I used the generic stuff from Jeg's. No adhesive on it, but a spray bottle of 3M solved that. Much less $$ than Dynamat. Steph complained her feet got too hot after the turbo install. :rotflmao :rolleyes: I have mine from the firewall to the back of the front seats.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
There's a post on here somewhere by Roland Jenkins about some stuff he got at Home Depot (I think) that was a heat-cold barrier & a sound deadener all in one. Less expensive than Dynamat too IIRC. I can't find it though.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apextrans said:
There's a post on here somewhere by Roland Jenkins about some stuff he got at Home Depot (I think) that was a heat-cold barrier & a sound deadener all in one. Less expensive than Dynamat too IIRC. I can't find it though.
I remember something on this line as well...unfortunately, like you, I couldn't find the original thread. I also looked at the Home Despot and couldn't find the stuff :( ended up getting this stuff to put on my cab ceiling to get rid of the vibration caused by my lumber rack. Haven't had the time to put it on, though... :(

It would be a long and expensive project, but I would love to completely cover the cab in this stuff, and put in an extra layer of foam insulation around everything, and get the cab as quiet as possible. My ears don't like loud interiors anymore...

ak_cowboy

Reaction score
I am getting ready to put lizard skin on my crew cab now. My understanding is that the lizard haz more sound deadinging that dyna mat and is 10x easier to put on. you just have to wipe the surface clean with a degreaser and spray it on with an undercoating gun. Oh and you can even put it on doors and pillars and paint right over the top of it to match paint color on the door jams. I will let you all know how well it works.