Duralift on its way out

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Diesel and kerosene are the same product. Its kerosene is dry.. No lube in it. Wont harm the pump if you lube it with oil or atf but add something to lube the pump. Kerosene comes off the fractionation tower a little higher up than diesel so its lighter and cleaner. Gasolene is higher up than kero and white gas is even higher up...

Not exactly . Kero is close to number 1 diesel, that is always blended for winter use with number 2, but never used straight because it will kill the fuel system, and even number 1 diesel has some added lubrication, although not as much since that is one of the things that leads to gelling straight kero is WAY too dry to run in diesel systems without added lubrication. They'll burn it ( heck, they'll burn just about anything (, but you need to throw some kind of oil in with it or you are begging for trouble

alwaysdiesel

The new guy
Reaction score
I was just looking at the carter P4594 and it doesn't include diesel in the fuels listed. I'm in need of an electric pump soon and don't know which route to go. I looked on the Faccet website and it doesn't look like they have any higher flow pumps with the filter as well. I'd like to get the facet dura lift pump but I don't think it could keep up with the bull moose pump thats soon to be installed

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Look at the walbro pumps. They are marine diesel pumps and put out quite a bit more that the Facet. About $150 though...

http://www.fuel-pumps.net/frb132.html

Not a bad looking pump, the optional clear bowl would be a must have though. If it lives up to its service rating , it should last, . Looks like a commercial boat pump . Anything built to the European standards will handle *commercial pump biodiesel* ( I say that specifically, not homebrew junk, but all diesel products sold in the EU for about the last 12 years have to be pump biodiesel compatible by law)

rustyescott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try having a new one that takes longer than 5 mins to pickup fuel from a can 4.5 ft away.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Agreed. I just bought the Carter rated for 8psi and 72 gph. It won't overpressure, and won't starve the engine... In all reality, we only burn 5-6 gph, but with all of the cooling and lubing the fuel does we need much more, and it becomes really hard to calculate when you factor that in.. So, overkill it is.

have you installed this new Carter pump yet? were did you get it from?

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Here's the pump mounted on the passenger side.
You must be registered for see images attach

& Here are the batteries relocated to the flatbed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hopefully the attachments work.

Last edited: