duracrap(i mean max)problem

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
stopped to get some go juice in the old girl this afternoon and there was a cheby dually duramax sitting at the pumps with its flashers on not running.didnt think to much about it after all it only a cheby :D ,anyway when he fired that puppy up it ratteled and smoked like a old locomotive :eek: then it quit.
well he got it fired back up and the white smoke was just a rollin out the tailpipe cookoo ,he put it in gear and made it to the main highway before it quit again.fired it back up(third times the charm right :D )and just nailed the throttle as he pulled out of the parking lot and you couldnt tell there was a truck there in the cloud of white smoke behind the thing ;Sweet .
wish i had to go the same way to see how far he made it before it quit again.
anyway just makes me glad to have my old simple IDI,even if it does take me 20 minutes to fill my tanks :puke:

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rancherman84 said:
and just nailed the throttle as he pulled out of the parking lot and you couldnt tell there was a truck there in the cloud of white smoke behind the thing ;Sweet .
wish i had to go the same way to see how far he made it before it quit again.
anyway just makes me glad to have my old simple IDI,even if it does take me 20 minutes to fill my tanks :puke:

I hear yah on the 20 min fill-ups. My kids moan and groan if I gotta fill and they are with me!

You bring up an interesting topic though, I've got a buddy with a '94 Cheby Duramax diesel dually and that thing blows white smoke something fierce when he first starts it up. I mean it's like he's trying to kill every mosquito on the planet! I've always wondered if there was something wrong with it, if it were the Dewey I'd be freaking out that it was the Big "C" or something! So what's the deal with those 6.2's anyway? :confused:

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
ericboutin said:
I hear yah on the 20 min fill-ups. My kids moan and groan if I gotta fill and they are with me!

You bring up an interesting topic though, I've got a buddy with a '94 Cheby Duramax diesel dually and that thing blows white smoke something fierce when he first starts it up. I mean it's like he's trying to kill every mosquito on the planet! I've always wondered if there was something wrong with it, if it were the Dewey I'd be freaking out that it was the Big "C" or something! So what's the deal with those 6.2's anyway? :confused:

Well he definately doesn't have a 94 duramax...they are a 2000+ motor, in 94 they still had the 6.5 td by detroit i believe :Sly and pre 92 was the 6.2 N/A

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nickbf2504x4 said:
Well he definately doesn't have a 94 duramax...they are a 2000+ motor, in 94 they still had the 6.5 td by detroit i believe :Sly and pre 92 was the 6.2 N/A

:oops: Shows how much I know about the Cheby's! :D I thought they were all called Duramax's. Well it must be a 92 cuz I swear it says 6.2 on the side of it?!? Course I swear he said it was a '94 too...hmm I guess I wasn't paying much attention I wasn't exactly -Drool over his Cheby! :puke: Oh well there is no doubt about it smoking like a frieght train upon startup! Thanks for setting me straight - learn something new everyday! :D

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
ericboutin said:
:oops: Shows how much I know about the Cheby's! :D I thought they were all called Duramax's. Well it must be a 92 cuz I swear it says 6.2 on the side of it?!? Course I swear he said it was a '94 too...hmm I guess I wasn't paying much attention I wasn't exactly -Drool over his Cheby! :puke: Oh well there is no doubt about it smoking like a frieght train upon startup! Thanks for setting me straight - learn something new everyday! :D
;Sweet dont ask me how i know... :eek: lets just say i used to wear a bowtie... i was cookoo, sportin' the blue oval now :angel:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yep them 6.5's do let the white smoke loose when the first start up. Buddy of mine has one (ever notice it's always your buddies truck - hummm) and yep the skeeters run for cover when he walks towards the door with the keys in one hand and a gleam in his eye...

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ericboutin said:
My kids moan and groan if I gotta fill and they are with me!
Tell your kids to be glad they don't have to pay for the diesel fill-up's!
Now a day's I cry like a 2 year old when I fill the truck! Talk about gettin :idiot: in the head at the pumps! :mad:

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HammerDown said:
Tell your kids to be glad they don't have to pay for the diesel fill-up's!
Now a day's I cry like a 2 year old when I fill the truck! Talk about gettin :idiot: in the head at the pumps! :mad:

LOL LOL Ain't that the truth!! LOL LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like this guy had a bad air problem, or his IP was dying.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
I saw a Duramush a while back smoking white going down the road. I wonder if they are having injector issues or blown head gaskets with those silly aluminum heads?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86