Dual mass question

Rxracer

Reaction score
OK guys got a question, I was parting out a truck today getting the motor and trans ect. well after pulling the trans i noticed that the clutch looks really new but had some odd movement, i took pics of the whole set up and an arrow pointing to where exactly its moving. If anyone can give me input it would be much appreciated as the clutch looks dang near new.
Onto the pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

in the pics the clutch is exactly as when i pulled it out, as you can see it looks pretty dang clean and new. I can see on the clutch disk where it hasnt even been fully seated.
Thanks
Rob

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
f it was slipping against itself in the center , that DMF is toast. That means the overload safety section has cut loose, once that happens it wont ever hold properly again. Remember the dmf is supposed to rotate a small amount at the outer rim, but a VERY small amount ( where the springs are, that ring should be allowed to bounce a tad, to absorb engine shock impulses, ) but if it is down in that inner section, there is another metal to metal *clutch* type section designed to basicall fail like a fuse if the truck is overloaded. It REALLY sucks because the blamed thing gives out right when you need it most, a great reason to call up Ft Wayne Clutch and throw a 12 1/4 in solid flywheel and Kevlar clutch on there ( get a rebuilt clutch instead of a new one, save some cash THose folks do great work Dont forget to ditch the pilot bearing and get a kevlar pilot bushing, no more needle bearings to have grease dry out ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online