Dual alternators????

9779scott

Reaction score
I have a 93 F350 and was wondering what is a good upgrade for the charging system? Did the ambulences come with 2 or was it just bigger? Dont really want to spend $500 for a 250amp alt.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, I asked this same question some time ago. I was not overwhelmed with usefull information to say the least. If there is a dual alternator package you will have to find the parts off one and convert accordingly.

Or you can fab up your own mounts if you like. This was one option I am giving thought too....

Just saying is all...LOL

I happen to have a 250 AMP 3G by Powermaster and Im golden cause of it. However I was going to make the second Alt a welder...for shitz n gigglz

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgrade to a 3g out of a Taurus. Its a bolt in deal, with minimal wiring involved. Plus it eliminates the external voltage regulator that always seems to go out. Theres a write up in the tech articles. Ive done it to one of my trucks, and plan to do it the other when it needs it.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upgrade to a 3g out of a Taurus. Its a bolt in deal, with minimal wiring involved. Plus it eliminates the external voltage regulator that always seems to go out. Theres a write up in the tech articles. Ive done it to one of my trucks, and plan to do it the other when it needs it.

Being a 93 it's likely a Serp belt truck, means it's likely a 3G already...just saying....

9779scott

Reaction score
It does have a serp belt so 3G it is but does not have enough power for what I need. Iam just not sure if the ambulances had dual or just one large one. I would assume dual but not sure. One of my friends cousins owns a junk yard with the county contract so if they did have it I can get it but he does not have a phone and is 3 hours south of me so I have not gone and looked. I am told yard is full of IDI's so if anyone has any requests for parts would be happy to round them up if I do go down there, If they did in fact have dual alts.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does have a serp belt so 3G it is but does not have enough power for what I need. Iam just not sure if the ambulances had dual or just one large one. I would assume dual but not sure. One of my friends cousins owns a junk yard with the county contract so if they did have it I can get it but he does not have a phone and is 3 hours south of me so I have not gone and looked. I am told yard is full of IDI's so if anyone has any requests for parts would be happy to round them up if I do go down there, If they did in fact have dual alts.

I would love FIRST DIBS on a VAN serpentine POWER STEERING PUMP BRACKET...and you can even leave the pump on if need be... please please please...and the Hi pressure line too from pump to steering box if possible...I have looked for one of these brackets for years!!!! I'd need the tensioner too if possible.

Al

Oh what the heck...if you find a dual Alt bracket...OR MORE Than one, I'd jump on that too...just saying...trying to build a very custom rig here and need lots of sily parts....Like those two..

9779scott

Reaction score
Al

I will start a list of parts to find " if I go down there" I assme he has your ps bracket cuz lots of the ambulences here are E series. But like I said 3 hrs away and not sure if they did have dual alt's to make my trip worth while. Also not sure what shipping would be to Canada on your parts unless you get to Wisconsin often enough to pick up.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Al

I will start a list of parts to find " if I go down there" I assme he has your ps bracket cuz lots of the ambulences here are E series. But like I said 3 hrs away and not sure if they did have dual alt's to make my trip worth while. Also not sure what shipping would be to Canada on your parts unless you get to Wisconsin often enough to pick up.
Sweet...if IDI ambulances and he has the ps brackets...I'd bet there are others here whom would give the proverbial left nut for one...Oh and shipping would be to US zip 98844 LOL wife can pick it up across the line...30 minute drive away...

I know for sure one other member gets choked at me when I call first dibs on van power steering serp brackets...LOL He is looking too and I cannot remember who it was....LOL but he will be here I assure u...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin