DT360?

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
i was wonderin if eneyone had the specs(how long, how wind, how tall) on the DT360. know that with ALOT of work we can put the DT466 in a pick up, but what about the DT360:dunno

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is the one i've been eyeballing also. lets get the info and maybe hp/tq specs stock and modded. any of you guys tried to warm up a dt360?

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Lookin around on the net didn't get much other than "The 360 is about 1200 pounds, and is roughly an inch longer & taller than a Cummins 6BT. The other benefit to a 360, most truckers swap them out to put in a DT466, so they sell for about $1500 if you shop around."

An this guys pics of a DT466 in F-250...
You must be registered for see images

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shop around and pick one up. If the 466 can be done, a 360 will definately go in. Also, since it's close in size to a 6BT, the guidelines for the DT swap should be similar.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Shop around and pick one up. If the 466 can be done, a 360 will definately go in. Also, since it's close in size to a 6BT, the guidelines for the DT swap should be similar.

yeah i found a build on powerstroke nation he mated it with a e4odcookoo i was thinkin nv4500 and the t-case thats in my truck:sly he send the DT360 is 2 inches taller and longer then a 6BT so i'm on the hunt for one;Sweet:Thumbs Up:rock:

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i found a build on powerstroke nation he mated it with a e4odcookoo i was thinkin nv4500 and the t-case thats in my truck

Given the amount of broken 4500's I've seen behind 6BT's, I'd say it's a crap shoot on which one would hold up longer behind an even stronger engine.

Might want to look into a Spicer 6 or 7 speed out of medium and heavy trucks to put into it if you're going to push it.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Given the amount of broken 4500's I've seen behind 6BT's, I'd say it's a crap shoot on which one would hold up longer behind an even stronger engine.

Might want to look into a Spicer 6 or 7 speed out of medium and heavy trucks to put into it if you're going to push it.

;Sweetgood point

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read that whole thread, and I see one problem with a 360 going into our style trucks: firewall clearance. A 6BT takes a fair bit of firewall 'massaging' to fit into these trucks, and with that one being longer, plus with the v-pulleys and long waterpump snout, things will get really tight. But, I guess there is only one way to find out, so someone will have to try it at some point.

I'd take on a swap like this, but I'm sick of building up I6 diesels in pickups, breaking tons of parts, then getting rid of them for the sake of daily transporation, and staying out of bankruptcy lol. Instead, I'm just going to tinker with a 7.3 IDI, and build it up.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
I just read that whole thread, and I see one problem with a 360 going into our style trucks: firewall clearance. A 6BT takes a fair bit of firewall 'massaging' to fit into these trucks, and with that one being longer, plus with the v-pulleys and long waterpump snout, things will get really tight. But, I guess there is only one way to find out, so someone will have to try it at some point.

I'd take on a swap like this, but I'm sick of building up I6 diesels in pickups, breaking tons of parts, then getting rid of them for the sake of daily transporation, and staying out of bankruptcy lol. Instead, I'm just going to tinker with a 7.3 IDI, and build it up.

:sly i'm already on the hunt lol:D;Really i love idi's but i've always wanted to build a I6 diesel. i don't want to build a cummins cuz everyone builds them

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand the desire to do something different. Putting a DT in one of these trucks would be really cool, but there is a reason it has not been done yet. These trucks do not have a lot of space for a big inline 6, or a medium duty trans to back it up with.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really see the need for a medium duty trans. After all, you got these 1000 HP Dodge guys pushing the standard light duty ones. I think I'd aim for a standard pickup truck trans, and if I tore more than 2 of them up, then re-think it.

StangFast42

Reaction score
Think maybe electric fans and electric water pump may help with clearance...and free up some more ponies :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online