DT360 into 1991 F350

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. That makes sense. I will be watching how this goes and how happy you are with this. I have been thinking of using one of these engines in a project I have in mind, but it won't happen for a couple more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
No problem. Glad I could get the ball rolling for some people. I was kinda shooting in the dark with this. I had lots of "it should work, it could work, maybe, possibly..." but nothing definitively. I'll keep you guys updated how things pan out.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Well, first pull in the work stock I messed up and ran 5th instead of 3rd... slipped the clutch about 70 feet then it caught and chugged another couple to 119 feet. luckily after the 2.6 trucks pulled they let me hook again. That means the sled was maxed out... used 2nd low range. Hooked right up and dragged it 272 feet! I was pretty stoked to do that well in that class. In work stock I probably would have done pretty good.

http://youtu.be/XPIo0hP3kEo

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Good pull! Must be dialed in well already with that acceptable haze. I'm so sold on this

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! It sings right along. What do you have the gov set at?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Clocked about 450 miles this weekend. No issues and pulls harder every hill. It'll keep going as much as I push the skinny pedal, but now it'll climb the egts some. I like it no higher then 1200 so I'd downshift and it'd stay at 65 to keep it in check. I think a little better flowing turbo I'll achieve my goal of not having to downshift. Haha. Coolant temps never above 205 even on long hill climbs. True trac dug in the sand nice too!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

97strokerHD

Reaction score
Did you change anything on the kit you used for the rear suspension? I'm running the same kit on my 97 and mine looks like it sits a good amount higher and I'm running 37s.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was awesome... I laughed my ass off!!!! You need a forty acre field to cut doughnuts in that truck!!

:hail :hail :hail :hail

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online