Dropping Fuel Tanks

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Scooty,
Just curious what you found with your sending units. I had one bad on Golide and found that the float was cracked in several places around the retainer and filled the float right up and sank to the bottom. :eek:

Just a thought. :backoff

Ron

Semper Gumby!

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SU seemed okay, I just installed the pick up hose, and cut the filler tube deal. Man, now I am sweating that my front tank is going to be jacked up. Oh, well, if it is, Towcat, I will gladdly cough up the shipping. Don't see why it would not work though. Guess I'll find out.

Mike there is NO way in not wrking on this truck. It just BEGS to be taken apart and put back together. I think it has a mystical transe over me, I can never leave well enough alone. I did get one tire back on the bead, but cannot for the life of me get the second one. Oh well, might cost 5 bucks for them to do it at Costco.. Scotty

WPineF

Rider of the Dragon
Reaction score
I am out in HI training one of the Subs on how to fix their gear so I can't look at my truck to see what the curve looks like didn't mean to scare you. On the back tank with th way the hose flattens out it fills up with foam and fuel and takes for ever to fill up as the foam keeps tripping the nozzle. If the hose angle is right you mite get away with the front tank because of how the hose is run.

Dave

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
beretzs said:
Mike there is NO way in not wrking on this truck. It just BEGS to be taken apart and put back together. I think it has a mystical transe over me, I can never leave well enough alone. I did get one tire back on the bead, but cannot for the life of me get the second one. Oh well, might cost 5 bucks for them to do it at Costco.. Scotty

You ain't kiddin! I seem to wrench on mine for fun. I FIND things to work on...

The new trucks don't seem to lend themselves to work as easily as these, anyway...

Dalvaras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Scotty I removed the inner hoses from mine almost a year ago when I put a different bed on it. No problems so far it really does not fill that much faster but maybe a little

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online