Driveshaft trouble

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm running into one last big problem with this manual tranny swap. The old driveshaft it 4" too too short for even the long shaft t18. My front shaft is something like 36.5" from weld to weld, so I need a front driveshaft that is at least 40.5" or longer in length. If its longer I could chop it and use the ends but I can't fix too short with anything but a custom driveshaft and I really hate to do that when doing so will only require me to chop it again within 6 months to a year if I swap in that DNE2 unit and a shorter shaft t18 or t19. So can somebody tell me what has a 40.5" plus front driveshaft with the 3" diameter that I can grab or if you have one you might be willing to part with? Also I'm willing to listen to any and all possible solutions, I'm really missing my truck and getting frustrated. Thanks,
JD

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I have a bunch of F250/F350 shafts here, if no one replies tonight I will measure them in the morning to see if any would work. I know what each shaft came out of.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks... I really need to get this taken care of... I'm starting to get a pain in the rear end from this project.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Look around & talk to the local drag racers & what not to see where they get their driveshafts made up. Find a good shop & they can make it any size you need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online