Driveshaft lengths.

rowingdude

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post so be gentle :).

I have a '90 F350 CC LB Dually with a 7.3 idi with the E4OD. I'm driving to Wisconsin to pick up a new motor, tranny (ZF5), and everything needed to swap to the ZF5 (I'm just going to pull the motor and trans out at once and put the "new" pair in).

What I need to know is how long the driveshaft is for the F350 CC LB Dually with a ZF5 so I can see if the seller has one in his inventory.

Thanks!

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a swap from an auto to a manual. I had to have the front shaft of the two pieces lengthened. I think the measurement was 48 inches between the center of the front u-joint to the canter of the carrier bearing. Hope that helps.

rowingdude

Reaction score
Thank you so much, I just called to see if the guy has one, so he'll find that out for me. I'm so excited about this. My first project was the starter - I think that's everyone's first project with these trucks. The cursed top bolt.

Regardless, the E4OD is hard shifting, so I'd rather not mess with it and put something 10000x more reliable in.

Thanks again.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the swap. There are a whole lot of e4od transmissions working well for their owners, but I am with you. My truck had a c6 jammed in it when I bought it. Well, it was not the right trans, so nothing about it was good. Swapped to a zf and never looked back.

Welcome to the site too!! By far my favorite forum for these trucks.

Last edited: