downpipe question

DBogo

Reaction score
can you use that header wrap stuff (this stuff) on a downpipe just to keep surrounding stuff cooler will it hurt anything or cause any other wierd things to happen

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, you can use it and it wont hurt a thing. I used some of the original DP heat shield on my aftermarket DP alongside the tranny. You can see pics of it in my webshots under F350.

2005Driver

**** Star
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Yup, you can use it and it wont hurt a thing. I used some of the original DP heat shield on my aftermarket DP alongside the tranny. You can see pics of it in my webshots under F350.

I have heard the wrap will/might hold salt in cold climates where road salt is used and cause corosion(sp). :confused:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2005Driver said:
I have heard the wrap will/might hold salt in cold climates where road salt is used and cause corosion(sp). :confused:
I guess thats a possibility. But from the factory there is an aluminized insulated heat shield installed on the DP. I reused the factory shield and wired it to the DP between the DP and the tranny to try to mitigate some of the heat impact on the tranny.

DBogo

Reaction score
hmm i wonder if it would hold salt because we got plenty of that here