Dorman 600-602 Shift Linkage for Ford Truck 4WD

7.3 powerstrok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
may want to consider going with the early style 4x4 shifter 1989 much better set up in my opinion its a up-grade and you will never have to replace it .the 93-96 style you have are very poor design dont wast the money prone to break ,snaaaaappppp,there goes another hundred

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the older ones work in the 92-97 trucks? That is actually a very good price. I get more than that for rebuilt used ones. Drill them for grease fittings and youll never have to wory about breaking another one. Providing you grease it.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, it's the "PUSH DOWN" movement that jams up on this part typically. Cheapo fix that makes it _work_ like the earlier trucks - grind off the pin that has to dance around the detent plate to get to and from neutral and 4LO. No more need to push down on the lever.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the zf I bought has one, came out of a 94 stroke. I can check it out and it can go CHEAP.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I sell these used for $75, I take them apart - clean and grease them....Work better than new. I can shift mine with 2 fingers are 60km/hr. I've never broken one trying to shift it, I have broken one trying to get the linkage off the pin to free the shifter up...LOL.....I had it TIG welded at work. These used to be almost $500 from the dealer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online