Doors and Rust

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ok, I know I live in the rust belt but this one hurt me bad yesterday. Went to give the old gal a good power wash and holy AUTOLITE! The blast pushed right thru the bottom door corner both layers of sheet metal and was painted:***: :cry:

Anyways. nuff of the spilled milk thing. Kinda changes the plans for the exterior redo. If anyone has some good doors off a parts truck I'm a lookin':yell:

After closer inspection and a good reaming with the screw driver, gonna need all 4 doors-cuss and some work under the flares as the drivers side is coming thru the top of the sheet metal and is hanging on by a few threads. Might get most rusty award at the rally if offered in her current state of condition. Thank goodness the under side is in better condition which I can't understand.:***:

Anyway, could use some contacts from the brotherhood for help again.:confused:

Thanks

Ron-Deadhorse

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate rust. It ruins everything. :rolleyes:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
I think I have the admiral talked into springing for new doors:D as I was givin a price around a 100 bucks! I will know more for sure later, but sounds like a deal I can't refuse even though there rice-eroni's there better than what's there. Just got to get some fender patches and a cab corner. AND a welder and someone to do the welding for me:rolleyes: then I'll be in business ready for some fresh paint.
Now just got to find a color to paint the ole gal and make her look new. All while finding the time to keep her on the road as sh'e my daily driver:popcorn

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Yeah when it's applied:D
The PO didn't use the stuff, but the underside is in good shape as the side have taken to the salt in a bad way. The majority of the rust is around the handles and the mirrors which are holding on by rust at this point. Just need to find the back doors as I can get both front doors for 220 Bucks. Just put my guts in em.:D

Ron:D

ThePunisher

Reaction score
I bought 2 new front doors for $120CDN each ..And 2 front fenders for $107CDN each ..They are checking on a price for back doors for me to .. Cheaper to buy new than fiddle around with rusty ones..

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Yep I feel your pain Ron. Both of my fenders are rusted thru. and I have bad spots under both of my rear windows(supercab). I've got a price of $88 for new fenders, and I have one cab side/corner piece, out in the garage. I'll need one more cabside/corner piece, and I'll be ready to get some body work done. The thing I can't figure out is that my bed has no signs of rust on it anywhere. Most of the trucks I see in this area the beds are rotted out above the wheel wheel. ???? But I guess at 190K it's allowed to be wore out in spots :(

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Only place on my bed where it is rusting is under the fiberglass flares where they mount to the bed. Gonna be a difficult fix for me. Not very welder literate.:idiot:

So I would still be proud then to show up dragging a camper painted like a cow by a rusty IDI!:***:

Ron

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
So I would still be proud then to show up dragging a camper painted like a cow by a rusty IDI!
I've been showing up to the IDI weekend for years with a rusty IDI, and towing a trailer(ok it's not a cow) but they haven't kicked me out yet(we'll see after this year) ;)

Attachments

• img_0009.jpg
    img_0009.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 30

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice pic Russ! Which rest stop was that one?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Man,

You guys are gonna make me look like the extreme redneck camper :D .

I'm gonna try to get some of the rust spots removed before and at least with some primer, but will see what else the ole gal can do to slow me down.

Ron:D

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Mel that was when we stopped in Mich. Where Lady Moose wanted to take a break longer than the rest of us :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faust

Members online