Doopy the Plow Truck gets a Cummins 4BT

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Awesome job getting it done, thanks for the pics allong the way. It let me live vicariously through you guys.:D

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Congrats Darrin, looks good. What's the HP and tqu. numbers on a 4bt?

Thanks Gary.

I used a 4BTA that is rated at 120HP Stock, and I think 320 Torque. With the mods that I did (Prince of Darkness Injectors, Turbo off a 5.9 6Bt, Denny Fuel Pin, 3200 Gov Spring, pump adjustments, exhaust and intake) I should be over 200 HP and 450 on the torque.

It pulls harder than the 5.0 Gasser!

Awesome job getting it done, thanks for the pics allong the way. It let me live vicariously through you guys.

Thanks, Glad you like the pics and the build.

UPDATE! The truck started right up made it to Church, this morning, Quodabas for lunch and back home.

;Sweet

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to stop by and check that thing out one day when I am up un Michigan. All my family is from owosso and we run around over there all the time.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Thanks Gary.

I used a 4BTA that is rated at 120HP Stock, and I think 320 Torque. With the mods that I did (Prince of Darkness Injectors, Turbo off a 5.9 6Bt, Denny Fuel Pin, 3200 Gov Spring, pump adjustments, exhaust and intake) I should be over 200 HP and 450 on the torque.

It pulls harder than the 5.0 Gasser!

Thanks, Glad you like the pics and the build.

UPDATE! The truck started right up made it to Church, this morning, Quodabas for lunch and back home.

;Sweet

LOL. More than a lot of the IDI's on this forum! Very Sweet Darrin. I can't wait to see video footage of this thing pushing big piles of white stuff around your lot.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I need to stop by and check that thing out one day when I am up un Michigan. All my family is from owosso and we run around over there all the time.

That would be cool, My schedule is pretty flexible so just let me know the next time you are in the area.

. More than a lot of the IDI's on this forum! Very Sweet Darrin. I can't wait to see video footage of this thing pushing big piles of white stuff around your lot.

Thanks!,.It is pretty cool to feel the power come out of a little 3.9 4cyl!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I now have 140 miles on the truck, I turned down the pump a little more and was able to turn up the idle to compensate for that. I am slowly getting it tuned in but the power is Great!

Now I am getting some of the misc stuff done to get it ready to plow. Some of the plow lights weren't working, I also got a new flasher light for the top, and as of yesterday my clutch neutral safety switch just went out. Also transferring all of my tool box stuff from Big Ed to Droopy so it is ready for winter. Then I can park Big Ed inside for the winter.

Other things to do yet:

*Drop the front tank and redo the sending unit seal, as it leaked when I filled it up.
*Get the rear tank pump wired to a switch so it can be used for a transfer tank.
*Order my Dakota Digital Box to hook up the stock tac.

So no time for videos yet but it will come soon,

Here is the only new pic that I have to share:

You must be registered for see images

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
darrin what are the part numbers for those napa gauges they look sweet i really like them

Black dawg

Reaction score
any vibration transfer issues? The 70s ford crew with a 4bt that I have been around buzzes the whole cab. Runs real good though and 25mpg in a one ton 4x4 crew.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
AHHHH!!!!!
What did you do to the front fender??????:eek:

Can't wait to hear what that exhaust sounds like thru the duals.
I showed ya mine, now it's yer turn!LOL

Glad ya got it done just in time to work that lil 4 banger!;Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
darrin what are the part numbers for those napa gauges they look sweet i really like them

I will check on the part numbers, my wife already filed the receipt for them and the packages are long gone. It appears that they are not available on line but ill let you know when I find the part numbers. I may have to call Napa and have them check on my account what they were.

any vibration transfer issues? The 70s ford crew with a 4bt that I have been around buzzes the whole cab. Runs real good though and 25mpg in a one ton 4x4 crew.

Oh hell yea, it does vibrate, However I found that the right side motor mounts hitting the frame, metal to metal so I had a spacer made, got it installed and it is a TON better!

AHHHH!!!!!
What did you do to the front fender??????

I fixed it! ;Really

Still waiting on videos darrin

Yup,...I know,... Me too! Right now I can get you a video of the injection pump leaking,...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle