Does it matter?

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
So a buddy of mine who no longer has an IDI truck gave me his glow plugs that he had bought for his for truck for free. ;Sweet
They are brand new/still in the package Ford/Motorcraft ZD-1-A's.
They have the flat male ends on them. My truck has the round ends.
Is one better than the other? :dunno
Will I get shot if I cut my porcelain ends of my harness and switch to this style?
Does it really matter?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC the solid state controller's meant to work with the bullet terminal plugs, which are different internally from the spade-terminal plugs. If you're still using the factory controller, I don't think I would switch...I think it'll mess up the resistance values and make the system not work right. If you're running a push-button setup, then go for it ;Sweet

If you don't want them, you can always sell them in the Marketplace...I'm sure a 6.9l guy would be all over them...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I actually got a buddy thats in bad need of a set of 6.9 plugs, his engine wont even start without using either at any temp now, if you would like to sell them im sure he would buy them

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
You can cut the bullet terms off and install female spades if you want - the controller will run them just fine. Both ohm out at 1 ohm or less and both heat, both gain resistance value as they heat - but once you cut off the bullet terms you will have to either stick with the spade terminals ones or reinstall your bullet terms.... If it were me I would just sell them and keep your wire harness in one piece... it's less work that way...

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
I will play it safe and keep my harness intact and keep the bullet style.
They are not my to sell. Since they were given to me, I will return them to my buddy. I'll let him know that there is interest in them.
Thanks for the advise everyone

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A new set of ZD-1A's eh? That'd be easy to get rid of here.......

I'll get in line for those as well........... how much?

Heath

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
My buddy told me to keep them as he has no need or desire for them. Before I put them on the Marketplace, does anyone have a set of the correct style I need and is willing to trade?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
My buddy told me to keep them as he has no need or desire for them. Before I put them on the Marketplace, does anyone have a set of the correct style I need and is willing to trade?

I do not have a set to trade, but i need the glow plugs, all 8 of my AC delcos just took a dump after working flawlessly for monthscookoo so what do you want for them?

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
dyoung I will get with you shortly. I"m not really after money as much as I would rather have the right glow plugs.
It was suggested that I take them to Ford and see if they wont just swap me out since they are still in the factory packaging.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ottoparts, good they will do this for you. As for Dyoung, poor guy has a whole lot more pressing issue on hand right now..

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I have all kinds of issues right now, Fuel problems dead rebuilt IP dead glow plugs, needs a front axle joint, man life is greatLOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online