does anyone have a fuel pressure gauge mounted in dash board I DO

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plastic line can be used ,for both o/p and f/p fuel does not affect the line in my opinion however steel or copper line is will not melt if it is contacted on hot surface ,therefor in my opinion hardline steel/copper is the better meterial to use for the gauges .
Oh, I see what you did there - the way you had that one post worded I for some reason understood it as "only use copper. steel, or steel-braded plastic line, is junk for pressure" which didn't make much sense to me. Whereas what you meant was "only use copper, steel, or steel-braded. plastic line is junk for pressure". So punctuation aside, we all agree that running the bare plastic line most gauges come w/ is a bad idea, and that either a hard line or stainless steel jacketed soft line, or some combination of both, are the way to go.

gatorman21218 said:
You have to be careful with copper though. the vibration can cause fatigue cracks. My oil pressure line went out shortly after the rebuild. luckily i found it when I did cuz i lost lost about 2 qts in 30 seconds
Aye, I'll use 3/16" brake line and sections of 100psi hose well before I run copper on a diesel-powered vehicle...

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
If a fella wanted to spend some money an Autometer setup with an isolator would be the best. No hot fuel in the passenger compartment. Go electric and it's a mute point. I run electric gauges in my 92 and I will be adding a couple more when I put my PSD in this spring.

7.3 powerstrok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
too each his own i like my mechanical gauge with the copper line and i also like the price .total cost ......gauge 1.00 dollar ,used ..and 3.00 copper line w/fittings ..

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I have some brand new liquid filled gauges laying around I need to put to use.
I think one goes to 36psi or so. (Boost)
Another goes to 100psi I think.

Definitely over building. But why not?!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online