Do any of you guys have dual alternators?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I think most people use the ambulance mount. And if I may ask, why do you feel you need the second alt?

Last edited:

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but the couple I have found end at get a 3g. I just would like to see pics if anyone has done it.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Whoops. Yes guys that is a psd. I can see the hpop, and by that hose routing. To Devon; Not all of us feel we absolutely need A/C. Plus usually in trucks this old, it would cost way too much to fix.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im plannign to do the alt for a welder thing some day and i will make a bracket that mounts off the ac bracket
also 3g is the way to go if you want more juice works great and it will give plenty of power

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once I get my Serp setup on and functioning, I'd like to setup a second ALT for well lets say...other purposes....Thinking or trying one out as a welder for one! Then if that don't work..well another as a welder...and well...ya that's kinda the goal..

As well as OBA eventually so maybe a dual stack of ALT and a Nice Chrysler Vtwin air cond compressor as a OBA setup or a York. I really want to try the Vtwin Chrysler...just cause I can. they have a birotor pump for pressure oil system in them and would work well.

I am thinking of just somehow stacking Alts or offset..I"ll do pics...

Al