DNe2 OD Oil Capacity

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Before I install my overdrive here shortly, I would like to do a fluid change in the old girl just for good measure. I know the unit requires 80w-90 gear oil, I just don't know when to quit pouring...

I was figuring on going with the regular old rotella gear oil at wal-mart, but would a synthetic be worth the extra coin iffen they have it? :dunno

Thanks

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Well, that gives me ten ounces to play with... I thought that I had heard 1 qt. somewhere, but I just wanted a second opinion.

Jim is a good guy, really willing to help someone out. That is the way customer service should be.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Any time you can use a synthetic, even a cheap one in most cases, it's going to shift better when cold and make your hard parts last longer. Something to consider. If it's a used unit, you may run into seal issues. but that is more prevelant in engines where soot and dirt buildup around the seals, still, I have been known to regularly run some Auto RX on older gearboxes before switching them over to synthetic as a precaution to seal leaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online