diverter valve on heater hoses.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Installed the ranger valve on my heater core hoses, ran the vacuum line to the one on the box. Now with the fan ac/heat off there's vacuum on it. When I switch it, it doesn't change. I remember on my Stroker when I did it and put the AC on max it'd switch the valves. Am I missing something?

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No should function the same I thought. I wonder if your switches in the dash are leaking vacuum?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Have you checked the vacuum amount the pump is able to muster up. This may be telling you something is about to fail. how many miles are on the vacuum pump.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hook it all back up original. If the actuator doesn't move when you put the lever to max, then your new valve is not going to move either. Sounds to me like you do have a problem you didn't know about.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have cruise, check your coffee can. Mine has a rust hole in it that was causing the vents to not work right. Probably a lot of things not to work right.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Is got vacuum. 10 minutes after the truck is off I can unhook that valve and it'll move, hook it back up and it'll move again.